Within the Consumer Promotions Team of Discovery Benelux, we are looking for a digital content editor.
A creative and hospitality job in one! You are ‘the lord or lady of the house’ of our new digital video platform. As digital content editor of the platform your personal and creative content will tempt visitors to stay for a long time and come back, again and again.
In official words, you are responsible for determining, requesting, producing and publishing content (video, images, copy) for our new digital video platform. You’re not alone in this this, instead, you will work with and within in a great team of colleagues from marketing, content & programming, research and the in-house creative team.
You and your skills:
You are welcoming, a seducer and a creative spirit! You want to make an impression and impact with your content, whatever form, and will enjoy it loudly when you see that your intentions are working. Furthermore, you are of course crazy about TV, movies, series and the internet.
We want you to have a completed, creative and / or communications education. You are also familiar and experienced with Microsoft Office, Adobe Systems & Services, Google Analytics, Photoshop or Photo Editing tools and Video Editing Software.
Can’t wait to apply?
Send your resume, motivation and portfolio (if you have one) to email@example.com
Read more about your job and daily responsibilities:
• Produce, source, request and deploy content (video, images, copy) for the digital platform, from the back-end CMS system.
• Protect brand voice, look & feel of the digital platform; work closely together with and within the in-house marketing and creative team.
• Editing and displaying content to ensure continuity and up to date platform.
• Working with the Content Teams of the global digital network to request and localize relevant content.
• Plan, steer and deploy the production process in harmony with the Digital Marketeer and other teams.
• Manage content and publications of newsletters and social channels.
• Manage Digital Media Intern.
• Demonstrated creative, writing, editorial and visual instincts.
• Editorial experience and ability to recognize and modify quality content and identify the audience’s needs.
• Video editing experience.
• Proven track record in delivery of content (or comparable products and services) in the Digital Media space.
• Experience of working with Editorial and Production Management teams
• Understanding of television and digital media platforms (web, tablet, mobile and TVE)
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving production environment.
• Track record of managing multiple projects, with multiple stakeholders, on time and budget.
• Understanding of basic right & clearances issues (incl. GDPR).
• A team player – taking input from multiple stakeholders.
• Native or native-level Dutch, excellent English-language skills
• Experience with working in the Digital Media department for a television broadcaster or consumer web platform.
• Experience in working in a multinational environment.
• Experience in building and maintaining online communities.
• Basic knowledge of HTML
• Experience of using social media for content promotion, e.g. Facebook Twitter, Instagram.