Division: Discovery Benelux
Location: Amsterdam Office
Reports to: Marketing manager
Key responsibility is to fully support the marketing department of Discovery Benelux. Involving the development, planning, execution, and administration of consumer, ad sales, and affiliate marketing activities. You will work closely with the whole marketing team and support the marketing activities of all brands within our portfolio (Discovery, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Eurosport and Dplay).
• Play a key role in the execution of all on- and off-air consumer marketing activities, both on brand & programming level, and work closely with external agencies and programming teams.
• Help develop campaign material on brief, produced from the internal creative department and media agencies, on the design, production and implementation – up to documentation.
• Key contact person internally (DNB) and internationally (DNI and DNE) for the collection, production, distribution and archiving of Marketing support materials and program information; such as reference material, marketing cases, programming highlights, brand presentations and style guides.
• Support and execute – together with marketing managers – the marketing activities for affiliate and ad sales.
• Support local barter & marketing partnerships with new & existing partners, by setting up and administrating all required barter paperwork, in co-operation with the Adsales department – regarding inventory – and the Financial Department – regarding contracts and invoicing.
• Initiate, plan and monitor both online and social activities, in co-operation with the Social Specialist.
• Support in general Marketing activities like purchasing consumer merchandise/premiums, activations or events
• Good marketing education at minimum bachelor level.
• At least 2-year experience in Marketing with a good understanding of, media (landscape) and business in general.
• NIMA A qualification is preferred.
• Interest in factual entertainment and understanding of tv and media industry.
• Ability to work under pressure while meeting budgets and tight deadlines.
• Attention to detail, with the ability to come up with new innovative ideas to strengthen our brands.
• Dutch native speaker, fluent in English. Excellent communication skills.
• Enthusiastic, eager to learn and enjoys being part of a fun and ambitious team!
• A sense of accuracy, and efficiency, when developing or documenting marketing activities.
• A sense of willingness and enthusiasm to learn about new aspects of the business and to share knowledge with others.
• An understanding or interest in creative processes, including brand developments & briefings.
• Computer literate, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Photoshop, (SAP), Internet navigation.
Interested? Send an email with CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org attn. Erwin Smits.