Division: Pay TV & Global Brands
Location: Amsterdam or Warsaw
Reporting to: Senior Manager Factual Planning
The Pay TV & Global Brands factual team is responsible for the programme planning for Discovery Channel, Discovery Science, Animal Planet, Family France, DTX, World and HD Showcase across Benelux, France, Italy, the Nordics, CEEMCA, Middle East and Africa, as well as the pan EMEA channels.
This role will be working to tight broadcast deadlines, on the forward planning, scheduling and inputting of some of the following factual global brands: Discovery Channel, Science, DTX and Animal Planet.
You will ensure the schedules are commercially successful, maximizing performance; using the inventory effectively; anticipating the audience needs and expectations and effectively interpreting ratings and research data. This role is also responsible for liaising with teams such as Listings, Content Operations, Media Planner and Compliance, ensuring that new content is ready to air.
This role requires a forensic attention to detail, finely tuned editorial instincts, and a passion for factual content.
• Plan key content across a 12 month period and derive detailed monthly programme grids, ensuring schedules are effective and commercially successful
• Interpret ratings and research data to support and improve schedule performance and understand audience behaviour
• Input schedules into IBMS and ensure timely communication of schedules, schedule priorities and schedule changes
• Build strong relationships and handle day to day enquires from other departments and to inform the BSO, Programming, Listings, Media Planning, Operations, Press and Marketing teams of initiatives or changes, as required or requested.
• Maintain the best possible intelligence about forthcoming events and competitor activity in order to inform scheduling decision making. This includes keeping abreast of current affairs that could influence the performance of the schedule.
• Maintain a deep understanding of output deal content and align schedules with pan-EMEA priorities
• Work with the on-demand teams to ensure priorities are reflected in non-linear services
• Focus on markets outside those that you are familiar with – ability to understand the key differences between audiences across EMEA and schedule accordingly
• Experience in a planning or similar TV role
• An analytical mind with creative flair
• Passion for factual programming
• Great attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Highly self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
• A team player, willing to seek and share expertise
• Resilience to cope with the pressure of tight deadlines and a demanding workload with changing priorities
• Understanding of audience research
• Commercial focus
• Experience in Word & Excel a must
• Preferably experienced in IBMS or similar scheduling system and / or research systems such Techedge
Interested? Please send your motivation letter, incl. job title, and CV in English to email@example.com