In this split job you work together with the other (part-time) Press & Communication Executive in developing and executing Discovery, TLC, Investigation Discovery & Dplay’s PR strategy across Benelux in alignment with business, channel and brand objectives. You will be the point of contact and spokesperson for Discovery, TLC, Investigation Discovery and Dplay regarding program communications and you generate and cultivate strong relations with key media contacts to maximize coverage. You work collaboratively with the EMEA publicity team, as well as Benelux programming, marketing and creative teams, to devise compelling, consistent and innovative press campaigns. Furthermore, you manage talent (both local and international) and their representatives in relation to promotion of their programmes, and in support of the channel.
• Developing, implementation and evaluation of PR plans for key promotional priorities and local commissions across the Benelux for Discovery, TLC, Investigation Discovery and Dplay (NL + BE).
• Compose, translate and distribute press releases, and other textual content, optimizing the composition and distribution of textual and visual programme information.
• Manage external agencies, text writers and reps, as well as PR intern.
• Coordinate programme publicity activities and communicate programme information, both externally and internally and through all relevant media.
• Be point of contact for press inquiries (programming and channel level).
• Provide regular analysis and feedback on campaign coverage and media value.
• Be the main contact person for EPG information and make sure that delivery deadlines are met.
• Plan, coordinate and join press trips and hospitality events.
• Ensure integration with marketing, online, on-air and other departments, and be able to assist these teams if and when needed.
• Manage budgets, including po’s and ROI analysis of pr investments.
• Be well informed about media and possibilities and developments and function as an internal information hub.
• Education to degree level: PR and communications education
• Highly organized and proactive with at least 5 years’ experience in a PR role at a media organization or agency, preferably with a major broadcaster or other media company.
• Insatiable appetite for lifestyle and entertainment TV, in-depth knowledge of media and an extensive media network.
• Ability to build and nurture relationships with talent and key stakeholders.
• Proven record in supporting organizing (press) events.
• Dutch native speaker, excellent written and communication skills in English.
• Split role; 16-24 hr
• Confident, proactive team player with a hands-on mentality who can manage multiple projects.
• Creative approach to their work and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
• The ability to manage time effectively and proven ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Attention to detail with the ability to come up with new and innovative ideas that fit our target audience profile
• Ability to liaise effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
Interested? Please send your motivation letter, incl. job title, and CV to email@example.com.