Department: Non Lineair & VOD
Reports to: Senior VOD Manager
As part of the EMEA Pay TV VOD Scheduling Team, this position will play an important role in the programming and scheduling of all DSC Brands, on Dplay Netherlands and across affiliate VOD services in Benelux.
The role involves producing and issuing regular Catch up and VOD schedules for Dplay , to drive the performance of the newly launched Owned & Operated AVOD/SVOD platform and be instrumental in the ongoing success of the platform.
It also involves creating Catch Up and VOD schedules for Pay TV affiliate partners, according to contractual requirements and creating a compelling OnDemand offer.
A strong knowledge of the programming portfolio is required, and the role requires working closely with the local linear team and the Dplay team, plus external affiliate partners.
Knowledge and experience of the non-linear landscape is preferred.
• Create Catch Up and VOD schedules for Dplay in close collaboration with linear planning team
• Create and issue Catch Up and VOD schedules for our affiliate partners, according to contractual requirements
• Reviewing rights and language availability using internal rights/scheduling systems
• Source US Digital Content created for GO Platforms and make available for Dplay and other EMEA VOD services
• Editing of Metadata where necessary
• Be the link between the Dplay Editing team and Linear Planning teams and work to enhance existing content strategies and workflows.
• Regular and thorough checks of the DPlay platform to ensure content has all the associated data required for upload and is displayed correctly
• Work closely with Research to analyse user data and inform scheduling decisions
• Develop familiarity with all Discovery Brands’ content and channel strategies in order to optimise the OnDemand content offer
• Plan VOD stunts and programming themes based on scheduling priorities, current/historical events or other compelling topics.
• Work collaboratively with VOD Operations team, Picture Desk and Listings to ensure that content is delivered within the agreed deadlines, and within agreed specifications
• Help to maintain a healthy and productive business relationship with key external affiliate partners to ensure their strategic requirements are being fulfilled within the schedules
• Research existing non-linear products and platforms and maintain a thorough knowledge of existing broadcasting and non-linear developments
• Contribute with ideas to the ongoing digital strategy across our VOD and OTT services, and any ad hoc projects required
• Provide cover for other members of the EMEA VOD team when necessary
• Scheduling experience – Programme Planning and/or VOD
• Experience of VOD and OTT content scheduling is preferred
• Knowledge of broadcast scheduling systems such as IBMS or similar is preferred
• Passion for, and understanding of the non-linear landscape and OTT services
• Strong excel skills are essential
• Understanding of metadata requirements
• Knowledge of and passion for Discovery brands
• Proven track record in delivering quality solutions under tight deadlines with the ability to work accurately when under pressure.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Good communication style and experience in maintaining close working relationships with various departments and external clients.
• Team player and able to work effectively on own initiative when required.
• Fluent in Dutch & English language.
Interested? Please send your motivation letter, incl. job title, and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org