We’re looking for a Social Media Data Analyst to join the growing EMEA PAY TV social team to help identify and measure social and digital KPIs, pull relevant insights and help shape social strategy and monetization at scale.
He/She will report into the Senior Social Media Strategist and be tasked with day-to-day ownership of social media data from YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, web and additional social media networks that may be relevant to an activation, region or campaign.
He/She will be responsible for pulling the right data, work on visualization and create a consistent cadence of reports to visualize growth, opportunities, establish benchmarks, and identify poor performance.
He/She will focus on EMEA brands like Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV. The successful candidate will be a highly organized individual who is numbers-driven and analytical. Problem solving will be at the forefront of working as a Social Media Data Analyst, with deep knowledge of what makes our audiences tick and a keen interest in the ever-evolving trends of the social media landscape.
He/She will have the ability to collaborate effectively, improving partnerships and sparking further opportunities.
• Key point of contact for data and insights of key platforms across flagship brands
• Develop comprehensive data dashboards to visualize social media performance in accordance to business needs, ongoing campaigns and day to day audience behavior
• Work alongside the Senior Social Media Strategist and Social Media Specialist in tracking and optimizing social media performance, establishing benchmarks and develop optimization strategies based on the data
• Work closely with the on-air insights and data team to oversee and influence the inclusion of social media and digital metrics and KPIs across all of Discovery’s other measurement dashboards and reports
• Create monthly platform-specific reports
• A key point of contact for regional data-related support, including knowledge of in-house available platforms used for data tracking and social listening
• Best practice and support across multiple regions, including US-based tools and contacts
• Keep up to date with trends and developments both internal and external to contribute and inspire with key learnings, best practice and new ideas
• Work closely with the PR, Creative, Programming and Media Planning teams to maximize synergy and promotional opportunities
• Report on paid campaigns and ad-hoc projects, such as channel launches, audits, quarter packs and ad-sales supported initiatives
• At least 2 years’ experience in digital and social media (agency, broadcaster or in-house) working across Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube) with a clear understanding of their different formats and nuances
• Excellent communication, writing skills are essential
• Excellent analytical skills, with a clear understanding of the intricacies of different social tools as well as native social media dashboards (i.e Business Manager)
• Experience working with various social measurement tools is an advantage, such as Tubular Labs, Spreadfast, Hootsuite, Social Media Bakers and Adobe Analytics
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
• Can be relied upon to take initiative and responsibility
Interested? Please send your motivation letter, incl. job title, and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org