Creative Copywriting & Listings Intern
This is a fantastic role for someone who considers themselves a strong writer who would like to explore marketing and communications for a future career plan. The individual would get the opportunity to work across several marketing/ communications functions, which would both give them good insights, and a great skillset to support them on their future career path!
The role is based in Amsterdam, but the team you will support sits in London. You will be part of the wider Publicity Team that is responsible for EMEA and is part of the Pay TV & Global Brands Team.
To support the Creative Copywriting & Listings Team in all day-to-day responsibilities including the below:
- Write and edit billings for all Discovery’s channels and feeds.
- Create press listings and issue press schedule amendments for the UK networks.
- Write billings in specific English language tones for individual UK channels, to help define the brand to the viewer.
- Functions as press contact for all programmes related TX, and titling queries.
- Create editorial metadata for non-linear services for UK.
- Distribute both linear and non-linear meta data to local offices, PR agencies and external listings provider.
- Fluent in English in both writing & speaking
- Confident, articulate, organised and a motivated self-starter, with a passion for marketing communications, publicity, media and television
- Ideally an interest in creative writing
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Proficient computer skills – word, excel, outlook. Photoshop experience would be beneficial.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work to tight deadlines
- Ability to be responsive and reactive when required
- Able to handle multiple tasks at once
- Creative approach to their work and the ability to remain calm under pressure
- Location is Amsterdam
- Starting in September
If you are interested, please send your CV + motivation to Doris_Wyplel@discovery.com.