Position Title: Compliance Edit Coordinator
Division: Global Content Management
Department: Reversioning & Compliance Editing
Reports to: Senior Manager Compliance Editing
The Compliance Edit Coordinator will help ensure the smooth running of the new Compliance Edit department through core Coordination tasks and administrative and people support. You will be a conduit between the local compliance edit teams and other operational groups such as Media Logistics, GT&O engineering and the London based Content Management group.
This is a unique opportunity to be at the heart of a brand-new service in the Discovery Content Supply chain.
- Support the department in all areas required for the newly created Compliance Editing team, helping to ensure that the new office infrastructure and team are set up for success.
- Assisting the Senior Manager Compliance Editing as required, to plan and execute the smooth running of the Compliance Edit team and the cut to clock edit process.
- Assisting with pro-active management of the team, including resources, operations and other processing as necessary like rota’s, holiday requests or desk space allocation.
- Able to fulfil and analyse metric tracking and cost management requirements, using internal scheduling and planning tools.
- Coordinate department literature and standard operating procedures, and any required administrative requirements for supporting a large team.
- Liaise with other internal and external groups as a key point of contact as required by the Senior Manager.
- Ability to use Adobe Premiere Pro to be able to help prepare or edit content as required.
- Support any pre and post edit requirements, and coordination of our edit queue; such as trouble shooting compliance and duration form templates and the management of our work into the broadcast systems like IBMS, PALM and HIVE.
- To be systems savvy and a super user across the entire suite of Discovery tools relevant to the team (Adobe Edit and Rally Access Panel, IBMS, HIVE and SAP).
- Role may include sourcing or helping to re-create production documentation such as End credit rollers, music cues or Discovery music requests.
- Daily use of Discovery IT and broadcast administration tools to raise requests and liaising with IT or facilities teams’ departmental requirements.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
- Self-sufficient & pro-active with excellent time management skills.
- Resourceful, helping trouble shoot and escalate as required.
- Clear understanding of deadlines in a global content business, and the ability to prioritise and help others deal with the most important tasks first.
- Ability to develop and understand both global technical specifications for editing, and compliance requirements for content in multiple markets.
- To be personable & engaging, and a great communicator to forge working relationships with other departments around the world
- High interest level and experience in operations around Factual TV programming and a desire to fuel the content supply to help Discovery Power people’s passions.
- Plan ahead & multi-task with an energetic and positive approach.
- Technical post production skills an advantage, as will be the ability to already such as Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience in using project management and broadcast operations systems or another Broadcast software.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft packages and the ability to quickly pick up corporate IT systems.
Interested? Send an email with CV and motivation to the career website.