Position Title Compliance Editor
Division: Global Content Management
Department: Reversioning & Compliance
Reports to: Senior Manager – Compliance Editing
This is a new and exciting opportunity to be part of an evolving team, responsible for supplying compliant content to both the digital platforms and linear channels within the Discovery portfolio. Such as Discovery+, TLC, Quest, Really and Animal Planet, some or all of which can be seen across the UK & EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) regions.
As a Compliance Editor you will be responsible for editing broadcast programmes to a high level of proficiency and in line with the required Discovery break patterns and technical specifications, whilst also ensuring all compliance regulations are followed.
The role requires knowledge of broadcast regulations for both Ofcom and Nicam, as well as an awareness of cultural sensitivities within the various regions. The Compliance Editor will be required to perform programme assessments and make independent edit decisions across a broad range of content whilst managing the post-edit delivery of programmes and other related materials into the various Broadcast Systems.
- Edit according to Discovery technical specifications using Adobe editing software.
- Edit for compliance requirements, following the content guidelines for UK & EMEA feeds and platforms, creating additional versions as necessary.
- Interpret multiple compliance regulations into programme edits and be adaptable to any new and revised regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure that all regional regulatory requirements (e.g. Ofcom, Nicam) relating to the Discovery portfolio of channels and VOD Platforms are observed.
- Maintain the storyline, editorial standards and any Discovery Standards and Practices, of all edited versions
- Responsible for ensuring all operational procedures are followed, able to thoroughly carry out metadata entry tasks
- Maintain the edit station and handle technical video editing to an advanced level.
- Communicate queries or missing materials required
- Manage and report any technical problems or errors
- Maintain QC standards of newly created materials
- Ad hoc duties
- Knowledge and experience of editing to broadcast level
- Content compliance experience to international broadcast standards
- Solid experience and understanding of UK (Ofcom) and other EMEA compliance regulations – and the ability to apply to edit decisions
- Proficiency in simultaneously handling technical edits with programme compliance
- Ability to multi-task, work calmly under pressure and prioritise, in order to comply with tight business and TX critical deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and confident decision making
- Experience of working collaboratively within a team
- Some knowledge of file-based workflows and or broadcast technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of working in international TV and a genuine passion for and interest in the Discovery brands
- Proficiency in another European language/s is desirable.
- The ability to develop further content compliance knowledge
- The ability to embrace and adapt to change in a dynamic environment
Interested? Send an email with CV and motivation to the career website.