Position Title Compliance Editor
Division: Global Content Management
Department: Reversioning & Compliance
Reports to: Senior Manager – Compliance Editing
The Compliance Editor is responsible for compliance decisions and technical material preparations such as content length and break patterns, what we call the cutting to clock of material for transmission. This role requires knowledge of EMEA compliance regulations such as OFCOM and NICAM, and being able to manage technical edits in preparation for broadcast.
The Compliance Editor will provide the programme versions that are required across EMEA regions, and will be required to perform basic quality assessment work and make independent edit decisions based on the content in hand or editorial and compliance needs that arise. They will also manage the post-delivery material into various Broadcast Management Systems. This role may also need to log and manage any technical or operational problems and escalate as required.
This is a unique opportunity to be at the heart of a brand new service in the Discovery Content Supply chain.
- Edit according to Discovery technical specifications using Adobe editing systems.
- Edit according to the content compliance requirement guidelines of all of our EMEA feeds, creating additional version requirements as necessary.
- Ensure that all aspects of NICAM and Ofcom Codes of Practice relating to our channels are observed.
- The ability to interpret multiple compliance regulations into physical edits, and to be inquisitive and trainable on new requirements as necessary.
- Communicate queries or missing materials required to complete a task.
- Manage and report any technical problems or errors into the Engineering team
- Maintain QC standards of newly created materials
- Responsible for ensuring all operational procedures are followed, able to thoroughly carry out metadata entry tasks into our broadcast management systems (such as IBMS)
- Maintain the storytelling standards of the programme versions you create.
- Ad hoc duties
- Knowledge of editing systems to broadcast levels.
- To be highly curious and have content compliance experience to international broadcast markets.
- Ability to work systematically to manage the various content compliance requirements and editing in one pass.
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Ability to organise and coordinate your edits in a fast-paced environment.
- Experiencing of prioritising and working as part of a team to deliver on shared goals, even though mainly working autonomously.
- Superb attention detail, and hand in hand confidence in decision making.
- Some knowledge of file-based workflows and or broadcast technology
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Have true interest and experience in working in international TV market, and enthusiasm for the real-life entertainment content that drives Discovery.
Interested? Send an email with CV and motivation to the career website.