Reports to: Customer Experience Manager (Dplay)
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Dplay is excited to announce that we’re recruiting a Customer Service Agent for our Dplay service in the Netherlands; part of the central Dplay team based in London. Dplay is Discovery’s direct-to-consumer entertainment platform available throughout the APAC and EMEA regions. Here at Dplay, we ideate and bring to life transformational video-on-demand products; redefining how lovers of Discovery content engage with the shows they know-and-love across the globe.
The Customer Service agent’s key function is to acknowledge, triage and respond to all incoming customer inquiries and complaints. The Customer Service agent may have to work with various Dplay departments including, Product and Technology, Content and Editorial to best understand and solve the user’s issue.
The Customer Service agent is both Dplay’s and Discovery’s customer-facing voice. Therefore, the successful candidate will need to ensure all responses are professional, friendly and aligns with the brand’s tone of voice. The candidate we are looking for is a native Dutch speaker. This role also has an internal-facing responsibility, in particular, the escalation of key issues to the Customer Experience Manager for further triage and prioritisation. In this role, one will often need to engage logical reasoning and will require clear communication skills to best understand and solve the customers need.
Most excitingly, as a Dplay team member, you will be part of shaping how millions of users across the globe consume Discovery’s vast catalogue of content on a daily basis.
- Work methodically through incoming tickets; ensuring that the response times are within the agreed service level agreements
- Become a super-user of the various Dplay customer-facing applications and back-end platforms
- Ensure bugs and issues are escalated to the right people internally and in a timely manner
- Continuously identify whether existing internal processes and tools could be improved in order to increase operational efficiency
- Assist in training new Customer Service Agents for both the UK and other territories
- Ensure all responses to users are GDPR compliant
- Collect the right information from customers regarding technical issues in order to escalate to the Product and Technology teams efficiently
- Undertake regular checks of the FAQ pages, and ensure they are rich and contains correct information at any given time
- Be fast learner and identify patterns which could indicate a wider problem
- Be patient and respectful with challenging customers
- Immaculate Dutch grammar
- Digitally savvy. Clear understanding how to navigate, use, and where required, trouble-shoot customer-facing applications (iOS, Android, Web, TV apps etc..)
- Strong communication and organizational skills. Ability to self-organize, take ownership of a task and drive it through to completion
- Able to build strong relationships with team members in London but also in our other regional offices around the world
- Able to plan workloads and work towards deadlines
- Proven ability to work well under pressure with a high degree of flexibility and a positive approach
- Strong customer service ethos, committed to quality, with the will and enthusiasm to drive improvements
- Ability to identify and manage risk–escalating and helping to resolve issues as they happen
- A minimum of 1-year practical experience as a Customer Service agent
- Experience working on an enterprise-level CMS
- Experience on working on high-traffic platforms and websites
- While not required, experience working on a video-on-demand streaming service would be preferred
Send your resume and motivation to email@example.com