Department: EMEA Pay TV & Global Brands Team
Reports to: PR Manager EMEA
Supporting the PR Manager across all lifestyle- (TLC, Food Network, HGTV, ID and Travel Channel) and factual (Discovery, Discovery Science, Discovery World, Animal Planet) brands. The role supports locally based PR Execs to ensure a coordinated approach to PR and Talent Activity – liaising directly with the U.S Nets and Talent Teams when needed. The candidate rolls out publicity campaigns within EMEA to deliver high profile press coverage for the network’s flagship Pay TV channels. Working in line with the EMEA business priorities, the PR executive has in depth knowledge of the PR needs of the individual regions part of EMEA and collaborates closely with the PR Manager EMEA to coordinate all needs. This role reports into the PR Manager EMEA.
• Devise and implement creative publicity strategies for key promotional priorities.
• Generate and cultivate strong relations with key media contacts to maximize coverage.
• Work collaboratively with the wider channel team and other departments to devise compelling, consistent and innovative press campaigns.
• Manage talent (both local and international) and their representatives in relation to promotion of their programmes, and in support of the channel/network.
• Write press information and releases to tight deadlines.
• Be point of contact for press inquiries.
• Provide support on press events and junkets.
• Provide regular analysis and feedback on campaign coverage and media value.
• Assist Digital marketing team with the creation of digital assets to support EMEA social strategy.
• Draft Executive media Q&As, key messaging and briefings for speaking events
• Support the Dutch speaking part of the team in checking their written text as a Native English.
• Support on the internal comms strategy for the Pay TV & Global Brands Team
• Articulate, highly organized and proactive, with at least 3 years’ experience in a media organization or agency, preferably with a major broadcaster or other media company.
• Demonstration of devising and implementing creative and strategic PR plans.
• Confidence and experience in dealing with high profile talent and agents.
• Ability to build and nurture relationships with talent and key stakeholders.
• Confident, proactive team player who can manage multiple projects.
• Creative approach to their work and the ability to remain calm under pressure
• Excellent written and communication skills in English.
• Proven record in supporting organizing (press) events.
• Insatiable appetite for lifestyle and entertainment TV and in-depth knowledge of media.
• The ability to manage time effectively and proven ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Responsive and reactive to both PR needs and potential issues.
• Deep knowledge of the media industry and Discovery regions in particular
• Occasionally working outside office hours
• Flexibility to travel.
• IT competence: Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
Interested? Please send your motivation letter, incl. job title, and CV in English to the career website.