Position Title: Publicity Manager EMEA
Department: EMEA Pay TV & Global Brands Team
Reports to: Sr. Director Publicity & Talent Strategy
The Publicity Manager EMEA is responsible for the publicity & talent strategy for the network’s flagship Pay TV channels within EMEA, including all lifestyle- (TLC, Food Network, HGTV, ID and Travel Channel) and factual (Discovery, Discovery Science, Discovery World, Animal Planet) brands. Together with his/her team, the candidate rolls out publicity campaigns within EMEA to deliver high profile press coverage for the Pay TV channels. Working in line with the EMEA business priorities, the Publicity Manager has in depth knowledge of the PR needs of the individual regions part of EMEA and collaborates closely with each communications team to achieve their business goals. This role reports into the Sr. Director Publicity & Talent Strategy and has 2 direct reports as support.
- Oversee the publicity & talent strategy for the network’s flagship Pay TV channels within EMEA.
- Work closely and collaboratively with peers in the US Nets and US-based Talent Teams.
- Build relationships with key PR’s from major networks, production companies and distributors in order to drive maximum value from acquired series.
- Proactively generate talent access opportunities in line with regional priorities and the overall Pay TV and Global Brands Team strategy for EMEA.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Pay TV and Global Brands Team (Listings, Marketing and Social Media) and regional PR teams to devise compelling, consistent and innovative campaign toolkits.
- Provide advice, support and counsel on PR and talent activity planning across EMEA.
- Organize and manage press trips- junkets- and other activations for all regions to participate in. Occasionally host press phoners.
- Manage talent in line with Discovery’s contractual obligations and agreements.
- Represent Discovery and manage talent in person to the highest standards if needed.
- Manage requests across different regions ensuring talent calendar grids are updated on a regular basis.
- Flag risks to the business (potential media crises, issues) promptly and appropriately.
- Advise EMEA PR teams on media and talent management to ensure best practice.
- Be an ambassador for EMEA on all program/brand publicity and talent issues.
- Play an active part within Discovery’s international communications community.
- Provide regular analysis and feedback on campaign coverage and media value.
- Articulate, highly organized and proactive, with at least 5 years’ experience in a media organization or agency, preferably with a major broadcaster or other media company.
- Demonstration of devising and implementing creative and strategic PR plans.
- Confidence and experience in dealing with high profile talent and agents.
- Ability to build and nurture relationships with talent and key stakeholders.
- Confident, proactive team player who can manage multiple projects.
- Creative approach to their work and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent written and communication skills in both English and Dutch.
- Proven record in organizing (press) events.
- Insatiable appetite for lifestyle and entertainment TV and in-depth knowledge of media.
- The ability to manage time effectively and proven ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Responsive and reactive to both PR needs and potential issues.
- Experience of running high profile publicity campaigns across lifestyle and entertainment genres.
- Strong and relevant consumer press contacts across a range of media – print, broadcast, online, digital influencers.
- Occasionally working outside office hours.
- Flexibility to travel.
- IT competence: Word, Excel, Powerpoint.