Position Title Senior Reversioning Editor
Division: Reversioning & Compliance Editing
Department: Reversioning & Compliance Editing
Reports to: Senior Manager Compliance Editing
The Senior Reversioning Editor is responsible for compliance decisions and technical material preparations such as content length and break patterns, what we call the cutting to clock of material for broadcast and non-linear. This role requires advanced knowledge of EMEA compliance regulations such as OFCOM and NICAM, and high level of competency in being able to manage technical edits in preparation for broadcast.
The Senior Reversioning Editor will edit content to provide the programme versions that are required across EMEA regions, and will be required to perform basic quality assessment work and make independent edit decisions based on the content in hand or editorial and compliance needs that arise. They will also manage the post-delivery material into various Broadcast Management Systems. This role will also be required to log and manage any technical or operational problems and escalate as required.
This is a unique opportunity to be at the heart of a brand new service in the Discovery Content Supply chain.
- Edit according to Discovery technical specifications using Adobe editing systems.
- Ensure that all aspects of Ofcom and NICAM Codes of Practice relating to our channels are observed
- Edit according to the content compliance requirement guidelines of all of our EMEA feeds, creating additional version requirements as necessary.
- Edit and create the versions for the most complex content for EMEA versioning.
- Be technically able to maintain the edit station and handle all areas of compliance and technical video editing to an advanced level.
- Provide guidance and support to more junior members of the team, and on occasions deputise for the Senior Manager – Compliance Editing, as required.
- Must have the ability to interpret multiple compliance regulations into physical edits, and to be inquisitive and trainable on new requirements as necessary.
- Communicate queries or missing materials required to complete a task to Edit Coordinators.
- Manage and report any technical problems or errors into the Engineering team
- Maintain QC standards of newly created materials
- Responsible for ensuring all operational procedures are followed, able to thoroughly carry out metadata entry tasks
- Maintain the storytelling standards of the programme versions you create.
- Ad hoc duties
- Advanced knowledge of editing systems to deliver content to broadcast requirements, or the clear ability to develop them.
- Solid experience with EMEA compliance regulations and the ability to interpret them into compliance and edit decisions.
- To be highly curious and have the ability to develop further content compliance knowledge to international broadcast markets.
- Ability to work systematically to manage the various content compliance requirements and editing in one pass.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superb attention detail, and hand in hand confidence in decision making.
- Some knowledge of file-based workflows and or broadcast technology.
- Ability to organise and coordinate your edits in a fast-paced environment.
- Experiencing of prioritising and working as part of a team to deliver on shared goals, even though mainly working autonomously.
- Have true interest and experience in working in international TV market, and enthusiasm for the real-life entertainment content that drives Discovery.
Interested? Send an email with CV and motivation to the career website.